So at the moment i finally can get a little bit of painting (at the time) done.
As prommised i took a few more pictures of the marine, and also i have started on a Tervigon.
Since i started miniature wargaming i have always liked the Tyranid models a lot, so i was kinda looking forward to painting this, after assembling the "mini" i was kinda shocked with the size of the monster, i for sure know this little one will take me some time, especially since i am a pretty slow painter who fiddles around a lot before he actually puts the brush on the mini.
Last thing, i tried and tried and tried to work with the pictures, and every single time, it did not get to the result i wanted. So i decided to just not bother at all, and take it as it is, and live with the thing that my mini might look better irl then on the picture. And the way i look at it, it doesn't really matter how they look on pictures, since i don't use them other then just for showing a bit of my crappy painting.
So some pictures of the marine boy:
Well then on to the nid, i so far applied 2 base layers on the "skin" and after that i applied 2 shades (a slightly lighter one and slightly darker one), after that i applied a first layer to make the base for the highlighting/layering.